- Invitation to Seon by Doyoung
- To begin with, I would like to express my warm welcome to everyone visiting this international site of the Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism. Since Seon meditation was adopted in East Asian countries such as China, Japan and Korea, it has claimed an important position among the various Buddhist practices. This is especially true of Korea with one thousand seven hundred years of hwadu* Seon practice tradition. Due to this, Korea is considered to be ..# 2006.02.07
- New Year’s Greeting Speech by Gasan Jikwan
- The year of the Dog is upon us. As it draws near, I pray that it will be filled with joy for each and every person in and outside of Korea, and that Korea will continue taking the brightest passage toward a shining future with the blessings of Buddha. Looking back at the past year, the year of the Chicken, I can see that there were many good things and bad things that happened. Relations between North and South Korea improved considerably in the..# 2006.02.01
- New Year’s Dharma Talk for B.E. 2550 by Dorim Beopjeon
- This morning the sky brightens up the light of Buddhism, and the worlds in all directions are in harmony with history.
In every home the virtues of heaven and earth are heaped up, and the whole world is filled with the sun of insight.
As the mountains and plains overflow with the airs that dignify the realm of the Dharma, a rustic elder sings the song of non-birth on a harp without strings.
The golden dragon comes out of the ravine in pursuit..# 2006.01.19
- The True Meaning of a 'Person of Wealth' by Beopjeong
- Commemorative Dharma Service for the 8th Anniversary of the Founding of Kilsang-sa# 2006.01.17
- Benefits of Meditation by Martine Batchelor
We start to meditate because of individual circumstances and choices. However soon we find that two kinds of goals and aspirations inspire us to persevere on the meditative path. The first goal seems to be a short-term one. This is the aspiration to improve our state of mind, to become better people, to lead a meaningful life and to create less suffering for ourselves and others. This goal is often seen as ordinary and mundane but it is es..# 2006.01.04
- Korean Temple Food (1) by Jung Lee
- Squash is good for all people who do not have a strong constitution. It is like the elixir of life. This is because it is rich in vitamins A, B, C, and more.# 2005.11.28
- Path to Peace by Dobeop
- Armed with my hwadu, with life and with peace, I took the first step on my pilgrimage throughout Korea starting from Nogodan, Jirisan (Mountain), on March 1st 2004. I walked 4,000 kms and talked with about 35,000 people during this pilgrimage. Now it is my pleasure to share some of my stories, some of my experiences with you.# 2005.11.25
- The Living Buddha by Beopjeong
- Did you have a good New Year's celebration? Another year disappears from the time given to us. A day goes by, a month, a year, and in the end, what are we left to meet? With nothing to do, buried in our daily life, if we let time pass away bit by bit, one day it becomes such that we are left with nothing but a meager skewer.# 2005.11.25