HOME Korean BuddhismBuddhist Essays

Buddhist Essays List

Total 149. 6 page
Buddhist Essays List
No Subject / Topic Date Read
74 Irrepressible Stories of the Nuns of Mount Jiri The Lotus that blossomed on a Chinese Quince Tree By Ven. Cheonjin 16 Jun 2011 7,231
73 Irrepressible Stories of the Nuns of Mount Jiri Mouse Food Story By Ven. Cheonjin 07 Apr 2011 7,221
72 Why Practice Buddhism? I have news for you young people: something bad will happen to you in your lifetime. It could be anything—a breakup, a loved one dying, a car accident—but for sure, something really awful will come your way, if it hasn’t already. That 17 Oct 2006 7,220
71 Dharma Talk in Celebration of Vesak - Year of the … Today is the birthday of the Buddha, the one who accomplished the transcendent life of no-birth. Though you may search everywhere and never find the place in this world where it exists, within the truth of “everything is Buddha” the essence of reality is 27 Apr 2006 7,195
70 [The Day We Go to Temple] 08. Buddhist Customs in … 03 Nov 2016 7,180
69 A Happy Smile I live in an uncommon way. My head is shaved and my clothes are gray. The place I live in is different too. Most people live in a virtual marketplace, but I live in a mountain temple. There is one more difference. I live alone. Usually when people grow up 14 Apr 2006 7,178
68 Being Negative on the Way to Being Affirmative 03 Aug 2015 7,174
67 Korean Buddhism-Peace on Earth There’s no doubt St. Louis is a town steeped in Catholic history, but here we offer a quick immersion—no baptism required—in a few of St. Louis’ less familiar religious traditions: atheists, Bahá’ís, Buddhists, Jains, Sikhs, Latter-Day Saints and seekers 26 Feb 2007 7,145
66 The Supreme Patriarch’s Dharma Speech for the Clo…  The Supreme Patriarch’s Dharma Speech  for the Closing of the Winter Retreat     "Closing of the Retreat Is the Starting of the Real Retreat" Seon Master Mokju Domyeong called to a practitioner, "Venerable sir!" When the practitioner turned his face ar 06 Mar 2007 7,143
65 Letters Exchanged between Master Seongcheol, Prof.… Werner Bieder, Theology Professor of the University of Bazel visited Master Seongcheol in 1972 with Gyutae Son. After meeting, they corresponded with Seongcheol about Buddhism. 05 Oct 2006 7,139
64 Irrepressible Stories of the Nuns of Mount Jiri by…  Cabbage Worms and Kitchen Garden   08 Sep 2011 7,131
63 The connection between fasting and seon meditation “Through mistaken desire, we ruin our lives. If we can reduce our appetites, we can also control our desires.”   Because we have only one life to live, we don’t know what to do.   In Milan Kundera’s The Unbearable Lightness of Being, the evanescence o 10 Oct 2006 7,112
62 Mixed Vegetables with Rice The preparation and taking of temple food is different from that of ordinary food. The cooking process is like that of making medicine: extracting the poisonous elements from wild plants, and then enriching the plants to a high value of nutrition. The way 20 Sep 2006 7,107
61 Irrepressible Stories of the Nuns of Mount Jiri by… The Reason Why We Wake Up Early at the Temple   29 Jul 2011 7,097
60 Great Faith, Great Courage, Great Questioning This evening I would like to follow upon what Stephen was saying in the morning about being careful, about energy, and about protecting, but I would like to look at the subject more from the perspective of the Seon tradition. Seon talks about cultivating 06 Apr 2006 7,091
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search
컨텐츠 상단으로 이동