HOME Korean BuddhismBuddhist Essays

Buddhist Essays List

Total 148. 6 page
Buddhist Essays List
No Subject / Topic Date Read
73 The Artistry of Every Day Life As a human being it is essential for us to create not out of duty but out of inspiration and joy. This brings something different in us, a dimension of imagination, intuition and creation that nurtures us and invigorates us. A few years ago, I was feeling 09 Mar 2006 6,497
72 Irrepressible Stories of the Nuns of Mount Jiri Mouse Food Story By Ven. Cheonjin 07 Apr 2011 6,493
71 Irrepressible Stories of the Nuns of Mount Jiri by… The Reason Why We Wake Up Early at the Temple   29 Jul 2011 6,484
70 Irrepressible Stories of the Nuns of Mount Jiri by…  Cabbage Worms and Kitchen Garden   08 Sep 2011 6,480
69 The Supreme Patriarch’s Dharma Speech for the Clo…  The Supreme Patriarch’s Dharma Speech  for the Closing of the Winter Retreat     "Closing of the Retreat Is the Starting of the Real Retreat" Seon Master Mokju Domyeong called to a practitioner, "Venerable sir!" When the practitioner turned his face ar 06 Mar 2007 6,475
68 Letters Exchanged between Master Seongcheol, Prof.… Werner Bieder, Theology Professor of the University of Bazel visited Master Seongcheol in 1972 with Gyutae Son. After meeting, they corresponded with Seongcheol about Buddhism. 05 Oct 2006 6,462
67 A Happy Smile I live in an uncommon way. My head is shaved and my clothes are gray. The place I live in is different too. Most people live in a virtual marketplace, but I live in a mountain temple. There is one more difference. I live alone. Usually when people grow up 14 Apr 2006 6,448
66 Buddhism in Korean This is the second part in a series looking into religion in Korea. The first objective is to give expatriates a springboard from which you can develop spiritually. Feature articles will examine Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism and Sikhism 23 Jan 2009 6,424
65 Being Negative on the Way to Being Affirmative 03 Aug 2015 6,424
64 What a meeting the festival is! The celebration of Buddha’s birthday in Korea must seem to some foreigners like a the blooming of a mysterious and magnificent flower that lurks beneath the surface of the earth for some 360 odd days and then around the end of April comes sproutin 10 May 2006 6,409
63 Anyone can do it if it means just sitting there an… After the morning prayer chanting, I sit on the cushion to start meditation. But every time drowsiness gets the upper hand. I can overcome sleepiness when meditation goes well, but when the hwadu is not quite working, I have to lie on my back. We heard 25 Sep 2006 6,401
62 Dharma Talk Initiating the Winter Retreat The long, hot summer has ended and the winter-retreat season is upon us, where we worry instead about the cold. In the ephemeral reality of sentient beings, we never cease worrying about whether it is hot or cold. In reality, once we realize the fundament 06 Dec 2006 6,393
61 Celebratory Speech With reverence, today we celebrate the anniversary of the coming of the Buddha. Today is also the birthday of all sentient beings in the limitless universe. Sakyamuni Buddha taught that all sentient beings are originally enlightened and in the future wi 03 May 2006 6,389
60 Irrepressible Stories of the Nuns of Mount Jiri The Reason We Eat By Ven. Cheonjin 30 Jun 2011 6,386
59 Irrepressible Stories of the Nuns of Mount Jiri A Mother’s Letter Ven. Cheonjin 12 Jul 2011 6,376
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search
컨텐츠 상단으로 이동