HOME Korean BuddhismBuddhist Essays

Buddhist Essays List

Total 148. 5 page
Buddhist Essays List
No Subject / Topic Date Read
88 The Titmouse’s Nest Some days ago, listening to the "ttok, ttok, ttok" sound from outside my window, I found myself as if lost in a trance. On the way out to water the tree I had been tending, I finally became aware of what had been making that noise. I saw a titmo 25 May 2006 6,463
87 Master and Disciple About a month ago, I went back to the hermitage where I had lived a long time ago to rest for a couple of days. At that time, two aspirants came to me to request that I become their master. With one word, I refused.   After having receive 11 Apr 2006 6,448
86 Irrepressible Stories of the Nuns of Mount Jiri Vegetarian Cats By Ven. Cheonjin 16 Jun 2011 6,441
85 A Strong Tradition Adapting to Change: The Nuns in… As a Western Buddhist nun, I feel very fortunate to have lived in Korea and trained in this tradition for many years. Having hundreds of years experience, the Korean bhikshunis have established a systematic, effective way of training new nuns. They begin 13 Dec 2006 6,437
84 Meeting a Beautiful Person It makes you happy to meet a beautiful person. A person who can meet nice people every day is fortunate. In life, you soon realize that it’s not easy to meet nice people. In fact it is quite difficult. As a matter of fact, we tend to meet people we dislik 12 May 2006 6,436
83 Buddha’s Large Head and Bodhisattva’s Short Legs Buddha’s Large Head and Bodhisattva’s Short Legs 13 Oct 2011 6,428
82 Why Practice Buddhism? I have news for you young people: something bad will happen to you in your lifetime. It could be anything—a breakup, a loved one dying, a car accident—but for sure, something really awful will come your way, if it hasn’t already. That 17 Oct 2006 6,423
81 The sound of rain The rain comes down in sheets. The sound of the rain drifts in through the open window. Like a lonely song, the echoes of the pattering raindrops lingers on. Where am I going? Isn’t it a lonely road I’m treading alone? Listening to the sound of th 25 Oct 2006 6,398
80 A Solution A Solution by Essayist Yi, Young-il 08 Oct 2015 6,398
79 Mixed Vegetables with Rice The preparation and taking of temple food is different from that of ordinary food. The cooking process is like that of making medicine: extracting the poisonous elements from wild plants, and then enriching the plants to a high value of nutrition. The way 20 Sep 2006 6,378
78 Contemplation of Sutra in the Seon School During Ven. Jiyul’s hunger strike, for the first time in years I had the chance to recite the Diamond Sutra communally. On the second floor of the Hall of Paradise at Jogyesa, the Union of Religious Leaders held a separate one-week hunger strike, while su 10 Aug 2006 6,356
77 Korean Buddhism-Peace on Earth There’s no doubt St. Louis is a town steeped in Catholic history, but here we offer a quick immersion—no baptism required—in a few of St. Louis’ less familiar religious traditions: atheists, Bahá’ís, Buddhists, Jains, Sikhs, Latter-Day Saints and seekers 26 Feb 2007 6,356
76 The connection between fasting and seon meditation “Through mistaken desire, we ruin our lives. If we can reduce our appetites, we can also control our desires.”   Because we have only one life to live, we don’t know what to do.   In Milan Kundera’s The Unbearable Lightness of Being, the evanescence o 10 Oct 2006 6,355
75 Irrepressible Stories of the Nuns of Mount Jiri by… The Reason Why We Wake Up Early at the Temple   29 Jul 2011 6,350
74 Dharma Talk in Celebration of Vesak - Year of the … Today is the birthday of the Buddha, the one who accomplished the transcendent life of no-birth. Though you may search everywhere and never find the place in this world where it exists, within the truth of “everything is Buddha” the essence of reality is 27 Apr 2006 6,339
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search
컨텐츠 상단으로 이동