HOME Korean BuddhismBuddhist Essays

Buddhist Essays List

Total 149. 5 page
Buddhist Essays List
No Subject / Topic Date Read
89 Irrepressible Stories of the Nuns of Mount Jiri A Life of Dedication Ven. Cheonjin 01 Jul 2011 7,487
88 "What More Could You Want?"    If you asked me when I feel best in my daily routines, I would unhesitatingly answer that it’s right after shaving my head and bathing. Instinctively I feel clear and clean both inside and out, and that’s when I feel most lighthearted. It 22 Feb 2011 7,452
87 Master and Disciple About a month ago, I went back to the hermitage where I had lived a long time ago to rest for a couple of days. At that time, two aspirants came to me to request that I become their master. With one word, I refused.   After having receive 11 Apr 2006 7,451
86 Irrepressible Stories of the Nuns of Mount Jiri Cave Story By Ven. Cheonjin 04 Apr 2011 7,447
85 Leaving Home All of those who have experienced life as foreigners here in Korea have gotten used to a certain level of inquisitiveness from people on the street. Some of the most common questions asked are, of course, “Where are you from?”, or “Do you like Korean fo 30 Oct 2007 7,437
84 A Stranger in His Hometown The supreme, profound, and sublime dharma is difficult to meet even in a billion eons. But now I have been fortunate enough to have seen it, heard it, received it and kept it. I vow to attain the true meaning of the Tathagata. Homage to the dharmas that 12 Jul 2006 7,408
83 The Artistry of Every Day Life As a human being it is essential for us to create not out of duty but out of inspiration and joy. This brings something different in us, a dimension of imagination, intuition and creation that nurtures us and invigorates us. A few years ago, I was feeling 09 Mar 2006 7,403
82 "Beginning with the belief that you can do it is i… The reason we practice Seon and attend Buddhist services is to improve the quality of our lives. We generally begin this task by placing money as the prerequisite for a higher quality of life. 27 Nov 2006 7,382
81 Irrepressible Stories of the Nuns of Mount Jiri I learned to Laugh By Ven. Cheonjin 17 Jun 2011 7,379
80 Restlessness At a red light. At a bus stop. In line at the store. While someone fills the tank with gas. Walking to class. What do these moments have in common? They are all moments in which we find ourselves waiting, a dead space, a moment of no purposeful activity, 07 Sep 2006 7,374
79 Meeting a Beautiful Person It makes you happy to meet a beautiful person. A person who can meet nice people every day is fortunate. In life, you soon realize that it’s not easy to meet nice people. In fact it is quite difficult. As a matter of fact, we tend to meet people we dislik 12 May 2006 7,367
78 The sound of rain The rain comes down in sheets. The sound of the rain drifts in through the open window. Like a lonely song, the echoes of the pattering raindrops lingers on. Where am I going? Isn’t it a lonely road I’m treading alone? Listening to the sound of th 25 Oct 2006 7,367
77 A farewell is a beautiful teaching Rain is falling, and with it autumn leaves, indicating that winter is soon at hand. The rain falls at Sudeoksa Temple, deep in the mountains, on the funeral of an old Seon Master. One after another, the rains fall in sheets, like a summer monsoon, and eve 17 Aug 2006 7,350
76 Contemplation of Sutra in the Seon School During Ven. Jiyul’s hunger strike, for the first time in years I had the chance to recite the Diamond Sutra communally. On the second floor of the Hall of Paradise at Jogyesa, the Union of Religious Leaders held a separate one-week hunger strike, while su 10 Aug 2006 7,338
75 Buddha’s Large Head and Bodhisattva’s Short Legs Buddha’s Large Head and Bodhisattva’s Short Legs 13 Oct 2011 7,335
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search
컨텐츠 상단으로 이동