An International Symposium: Ecology and Buddhism in the Knowledge-based Society
Pages InformationWriter admin Date15 May 2006 Read14,660 Comment0
The Korean Buddhist Institute at Dongguk University presents an international symposium, Ecology and Buddhism in the Knowledge-based Society .
When: May 25-27, 2006
Where: The Buddhist Culture Center at Dongguk University, Seoul, Korea
The symposium consists of four sessions:
1.Knowledge-based Society and Environmental Issues
2.Buddhist Ecology and Western Philosophy
3.Interdisciplinary Approaches to Buddhist Ecology
4.The Future Peace and Buddhist Ecology
KBI invites 21 ecology scholars from eight countries.
The participating speakers include:
- Johan Galtung, a world-famous peacemaker, Professor of peace studies, Founder & Co-director TRANSCEND: A Network for Peace and Development
- Helena Norberg-Hodge, the author of “The Old Future”
- Damean Keown, a distinguished scholar in the field of Buddhist life ethics
- Eugene Hagrove, an expert of environmental ethics
- Dowon Lee, a scholar of community ecology
- Taeyeon Hwang, a scholar of environmental politics, etc.
Program and registration available at: